I bet it’s pretty safe to say we’ve all experienced it.
Granted, fear seems to enjoy hanging out with some more than others, however, it has definitely made a cameo in all our lives at one point or another.
But aside from the more obvious fears such as losing a loved one, or ripping the loudest fart you’ve ever emancipated just as the pastor pauses for effect during a church sermon, you might have a fear that isn’t nearly as devastating. A fear where the outcome could actually make your life even more incredible.
I’m talking about a life goal that gives you butterflies, but scares a little pee out of you all at the same time. Whether it’s qualifying to compete in the Ironman, writing that screenplay, moving to Paris or getting certified to teach yoga.
If you haven’t quite gained enough momentum, or no momentum at all, there are those sucky moments here and there when you realize you’re still a long way from where you want to be.
Well! This is when the following quotes come in handy. These motivating quotes will have you feeling a bit unstoppable. Really. They have a way of letting you know you are capable of handling anything.
After all, if you think about it, fear basically boils down to not feeling as though we’d be able to handle a particular event, thing, criticism, etc. should it come our way.
But dude, it couldn’t be further from the truth.
Okay, I’ll shut up now:-) Read and enjoy.
1) You didn’t come this far to only come this far.
2) What you are afraid to do is a clear indication of the next thing you need to do. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
3) Though no one can go back and make a new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end. -Carl Bard
4) You are a force to be reckoned with.
5) The first step to getting anywhere is deciding you’re not willing to stay where you are.
6) If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.
7) Never quit. If you stumble, get back up. What happened yesterday no longer matters. Today’s another day so get back on track and move closer to your dreams and goals. You can do it.
8) Above all, be the heroine of your own life, not the victim. -Nora Ephron
9) You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. -John C. Maxwell
10) Do epic shit.
11) The time will pass away, you can either spend it creating the life you want or spend it living the life you don’t want. The choice is yours.
12) Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
13) Courage is a muscle. It grows stronger with use.
14) Prove them wrong.
15) To be outstanding— get comfortable with being uncomfortable. -Alrik Koudenburg
16) Devote yourself to an idea. Go make it happen. Struggle on it. Overcome your fears. Smile. Don’t you forget: this is your dream.
17) Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and focus on what could go right.
18) If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try. -Seth Godin
19) An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.
20) Punch fear in the face.
21) Don’t stop until you’re proud.
22) You know all those things you’ve always wanted to do? You should go do them.
23) Fate loves the fearless.
24) Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
25) It is astonishing how short a time it can take for very wonderful things to happen.
26) Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. -Neale Donald Walsch
27) Destroy what destroys you.
28) Three simple rules in life:
- If you do not go after what you want, you’ll never have it.
- If you do not ask, the answer will always be no.
- If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place.
29) It’s never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
30) Good things happen to those who hustle. -Chuck Noll
31) You are far too smart to be standing in your own way. -Jennifer J. Freeman
32) Be so good they can’t ignore you. -Steve Martin
33) Stop waiting for things to happen. Go out and make them happen.
34) Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. -Earl Nightingale
35) This is the beginning of anything you want.
36) A year from now you will wish you had started today. -Karen Lamb
37) Be stronger than your strongest excuse.
38) If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. -Anthony Robbins
39) Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere. -Anonymous
40) Don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect.
41) It’s better to look back on life and say: “I can’t believe I did that.” than to look back and say: “I wish I did that.”
42) If you’re tired of starting over, then stop giving up.
43) Nothing holds you back more than your own insecurities.
44) Our greatest fear in life should not be of failure…but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter. -Francis Chan
45) You get in life what you have the courage to ask for. -Oprah Winfrey
46) Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. -Suzy Kassem
47) It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.
48) Fail often so you can succeed sooner. -Tom Kelley
49) Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. -Joshua J. Marine
50) What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
So. How do you feel? Did one or more of these puppies light a fire under your butt? I’d love, love, LOVE to hear which quotes made an impression. Also, I’m always on the hunt for inspiring quotes. PLEASE share some of your favorites with me.
Hey, let’s be friends…
If you enjoyed this post, please share the sucker! I’d be so grateful:-) And if you haven’t subscribed to Hungry Beastling yet, you can do so for FREE, and never miss another post. Click here to sign up! Xo